1. Networking Basics: What It Is, What It’s Not, and How to Do It
2. Nurture Networking Program
- Personal Network:
- Post on FB bi-weekly with details on your job search. Include a link to your LinkedIn profile and the type of job you are seeking.
- Initiate direct contact with all members of Personal Network
- Follow up with email, call, or in-person meeting monthly
3. Professional Network:
- Contact (Email or Phone Call) all members with regular status updates.
- Expand First Degree Connections on LinkedIn. Post updates and/or articles daily.
4. Groups Network
- Join Groups
- Meetup.com and Eventbrite.com are great resources for finding groups to join.
- Inform group members of active job search.
- Follow up as needed.
5. Target Company Contact Network
- Execute First Action: Email or Direct Mail/Drop In
- Execute Second Action: Opposite of First Touch
- Execute Third Action: Phone Call/Voice Mail
- Follow Up Action: Phone Call or Email
6. Recruiter Network
- Contact (Email, Phone Call, and/or Interview)
- Regular Follow Up w/Status Updates: Phone Call or Email
7. Evaluate Results
8. Modify, and Expand the Target Company Network; Repeat Nurture Process
JOB SEARCH: SUPPORTING ACTIVITY
1. Supplement Network Nurturing with Additional Job Search Activities
- Improve Your LinkedIn Profile
- Increase Your LinkedIn Knowledge
- Expand Your LinkedIn Connections
- Research Career Paths and Career Options
- Seek Informational Interviews
2. Enhance Skills
4. Perform Temporary or Contract Work
5. Prepare For Interviews: Phone, Individual, or Group
- Class Recommendation: Classes at The Select Center – Interviewing (Thurs.)
- Book Recommendation: What Color Is Your Parachute? By Richard N. Bolles
6. Submit Online Applications (See Appendix)
- Class Recommendation: Classes at The Select Center – Applications (Tues.)
7. Join Organizations; Professional and Social
8. Attend Job Fairs
9. Study Job Search
10. Looking Ahead/Being Prepared for Next Time
- Expand your LinkedIn Network
- Enhance your LinkedIn Profile
- Expand your Personal, Professional and Group Networks
- Update your resume regularly